There are some days in the studio that really make me take a step back & think... how is this my job? The majority of my work days are so varied & full of so much multi-tasking that I thought I'd discuss an example of a day I had recently.
I had a huge to-do list to get through on this particular day &, as I mentioned, the tasks were so varied that it really kept me on my toes. Here's how my list looked:
- I had to hire a hair & make up artist ahead of some filming that is coming up
- Research on photographers for some shoots I want to do
- Sign off on a bespoke floor design that I've created (with Kelly's magical assistance)
- Work on a dress design
- Prepare two more fashion fabrics
- Ship orders from my online shop
- Check in on the fabulous Make it in Design Summer School
- Sign off on adverts for Amy Butler's Blossom magazine
- A bit of creative styling for Instagram
- Oh & sign off an a *mega* (TOP SECRET) exciting proposal!
This list doesn't even include the daily admin & emails that I usually have to go through too, since that's not the fun bit!
I really am grateful everyday that this is somehow my job to get to do fun things like book photoshoots & get dresses made from my own print designs.