Hi everyone, I hope you enjoyed my last few #inmyhappyplace posts! You can read the others here. If you missed them here's what it's all about...
I'm trying to make sure I'm present in the 'here & now' & not get caught up in the future goals as no matter how much you may want a project finished, whether at home or at work, thinking of the end goal shouldn't distract you so much that you loose sight & forget to celebrate the little & daily things along the way.
It sounds silly (& cheesy!) but every evening I try to now think of all the things that have made me happy that day. As no matter how bad a day you are having I like to think everyone has at least one thing (no matter how tiny), that they can celebrate. Therefore I've decided to start a new column on the blog called #inmyhappyplace to document & cheer about those little moments of happiness. Welcome to #inmyhappyplace & here are the second set of moments of joy that I wanted to share with you.
Over the past week I've loved...
- My new home (which we moved into last Summer) is under major renovations & as messy, chaotic & stressful it can be at times, it's also very exciting! I have a fun week ahead picking out colours for our new contemporary open plan family room. More on that to follow...
- You can't beat fresh flowers! I received lots of beautiful flowers from my hubby which are currently decorating my design studio
- Last Monday I went on a bit of a 'research morning' as I'm considering investing in an outdoor work space / cabin / outdoor office so I can sit drawing amongst the flowers. The sun was shining & it was just a lovely thing to do. I'm saving up & can't wait to turn my little dream into a reality
- I've hurt my leg quite bad from running (a shin splint) & I've been getting frustrated waiting for it to heal but was blown away by the kindness of a lovely friend offering to run for my charities & take my place in the Liverpool Half Marathon in a few weeks. I'll be tagging on to another race & continuing to fundraise as soon as I can run again. I'm so determined!
- I'm so grateful to see & smell signs of SPRING, I'm really not a Winter person & can't wait to see beautiful sunny skies & pops of colour everywhere
- I'm thrilled with my new licensed range for DEMDACO. They are a dream client of mine & I just love their collections
- I shared a little peek into some of our portfolio updates with a 'Flower Bomb' design. I was really blown away by the lovely feedback that we received for this particular print.